Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse group of facilities and hospitals throughout the lower mainland. Part-time or full-time opportunity available.
· Applicants need a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection.
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care.
- Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy.
- Monitor patients' progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team.
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- Completion of a vocational, college or other approved program for licensed practical nurses is required.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination is required in all provinces and territories except Quebec.
- Operating room technicians require either additional academic training in operating room techniques or on-the-job training.
Starting Date: Immediately
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Go back to Current Openings page