Health Staffing is establishing a new corps of permanent full-time nurses. Our goal is to build an elite team who are able to respond to the needs of hospitals and facilties quickly and reliably while providing care in highly specialized environments.
If you are a young, ambitious, and dynamic nurse, interested in expanding your skills, we are interested in talking with you. You must be eager to learn, interested in taking on new responsibilities, and willing to put in the hard work that a growing organization demands.
As a member of our Full-time Care Team you will be expected to provide care in diverse settings including acute, cardiac, and step-down (training provided where needed). In your duties you will be fulfilling an expert role at many facilities and hospitals throughout the lower mainland. You will also have the opportunity to play a role in our in-office team on special projects with potential for growth into management and training.
Health Staffing is a supportive and unpolitical environment where you will be valued for your talents and abilities. You will receive opportunities to regularly upgrade your skills, gain exposure to specialized settings, and build a career with one of BCs fastest growing health care providers. Along with these great benefits we also offer superior pay rates, competitve medical and dental benefits and a full vacation package.
- Carrying out the nursing process, utilizing all techniques and interpersonal skills to promote the client's highest functional ability and to enhance quality of life of the client.
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to establish policies and protocols.
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment.
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures.
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff.
- May develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients.
- May teach and counsel patients and their families on health–related issues in collaboration with other health care providers.
- Must posses a current RN license.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, clients, families and the public.
- Must be knowledgeable of current nursing and medical practices and procedure.
- Must possess the ability to plan, develop, implement and interrupt the plan of care.
- Must be willing to expand knowledge through education and training programs.
- Experience working in Acute settings an asset.
Starting Date: Immediately
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Go back to Current Openings page