Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse group of facilities and hospitals throughout the lower mainland. Part-time or full-time opportunities available.
- Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; lift, turn or massage patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients' exercise routines, set-up and provide leisure activities for patients, and accompany patients on outside recreational activities; and perform other duties related to patient care.
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff.
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery.
- Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another.
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- May perform maintenance tasks such as assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, clean or sterilize equipment, maintain and repair equipment, assemble, setup and operate job-related equipment.
- A nursing aide or health care aide college or private institutional program, or a college nursing orderly program and supervised practical training are required.
- Some health care facilities may also require completion of specialized courses such as CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), first aid and food handling/sterile processing.
Starting Date: Immediately
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Go back to Current Openings page