Health Staffing International is expanding into Vancouver's Acute Hospitals. We need compassionate and thorough nurses who are interested in working part-time on call or full-time throughout the health region.
- Carrying out the nursing process, utilizing all techniques and interpersonal skills to promote the client's highest functional ability and to enhance quality of life of the client.
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to establish policies and protocols.
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment.
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures.
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff.
- May develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients.
- May teach and counsel patients and their families on health-related issues in collaboration with other health care providers.
- Must posses a current RN license.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, clients, families and the public.
- Must be knowledgeable of current nursing and medical practices and procedure.
- Must possess the ability to plan, develop, implement and interrupt the plan of care.
- Must be willing to expand knowledge through education and training programs.
Starting Date: Immediately
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Go back to Current Openings page